Author Topic: Biome Blacklist for Oil Wells and Water Springs  (Read 506 times)

BrisingrAerowing

• View Profile
Biome Blacklist for Oil Wells and Water Springs
« on: December 15, 2016, 12:11:51 AM »
I would like to be able to blacklist biomes so that Oil Wells and Water Springs won't appear in them. I usually build underground bunkers in Mesa biomes, and the oil wells that appear there get in the way.

AlexIIL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Biome Blacklist for Oil Wells and Water Springs
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 01:23:10 AM »
Look at the config option "worldgen.biomes.excludeOilIDs" -- that allows you to blacklist biomes for oil generation.

Currently there isn't an option for configuring excluded biome ID's for water springs -- the only option at the moment is to disable them completely (with "worldgen.generateWaterSprings")

BrisingrAerowing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 02:01:23 AM »
I am using a custom build of 8.0.x (with some Javadoc fixes to actually let it build) and I don't see that option (unless it didn't get generated for some reason. The objects.cfg file is blank, FYI).

I used BC in 1.8.9, and I really liked it. It is a very cool mod.

LuigiHutch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 11:55:10 AM »
So its just a feature that hasn't been reimplimented yet... BC 8.0.x has alot of those :P

BrisingrAerowing

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 04:52:36 PM »
I guessed as much.

AlexIIL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 05:17:23 PM »
I am using a custom build of 8.0.x (with some Javadoc fixes to actually let it build) and I don't see that option (unless it didn't get generated for some reason. The objects.cfg file is blank, FYI).

I used BC in 1.8.9, and I really liked it. It is a very cool mod.

That's different then: if you're testing with 8.0.x for a missing minor feature (like this), and an issue doesn't already exist on either the BC issue list or in https://github.com/BuildCraft/BuildCraft/projects/1 then can you open an issue with the commit hash and what's missing.

(Although don't open an issue for "objects.cfg" being empty, I've just fixed that in my dev environment.)

EDIT: although its a good idea to check in 7.1.x first to see if the feature does exist.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 05:26:58 PM by AlexIIL »