Last updated: 02/10/2015
Where can I find information on BuildCraft?
Some documentation system is currently being worked on - there are unofficial wikis but they're often out of date. You can always ask on our forums! There is also a Japanese wiki here which seems to be somewhat up-to-date.
Can I use BuildCraft / BuildCraftCompat in my pack?
Yes - BuildCraft itself is licensed under the MMPLv1 if you need the specifics (Compat is awaiting a license), but generally you can!
I'm having an issue with BuildCraft! Where do I report it?
I have this amazing feature idea and I really want you to hear it!
Here, share it with us!
What mods do the BuildCraft Builders support?
By default, many simple (primarily worldgen/decorative) blocks are supported out of the box, such as the kind of blocks added by Chisel 2 or Ztones. However, for many other mods, special support is required to allow for rotation and remove the chance of duplication bugs appearing.
These mods support BuildCraft Builders out of the box:
- Applied Energistics 2
On top of that, if you install BuildCraft Compat, the following mods are supported:
- Big Reactors
- Binnie's Mods (decorative blocks)
- Carpenter's Blocks (most blocks)
- Ender Storage
- Forestry (decorative blocks)
- Forge Multipart
- Immibis' Microblocks
- Iron Chests
- RailCraft (rails, detectors, stairs, slabs, some machines)
- Remain in Motion (frames only, no motors)
- Thermal Expansion 4 (most blocks)
What is BuildCraft Compat and what does it support?
BuildCraft Compat is a BuildCraft addon designed to add cross-mod compatibility with other mods.
The list of mods it adds Builder compatibility to is listed above. On top of that, compatibility is added for:
- Crops (Stripes Pipes, Robots)
- AppleMilkTea 2
- Pam's HarvestCraft
- Bundled Redstone (connect a bundled wire to a pipe and interact with it with a gate)
- Automatic insertion
- CoFH API (most pipes - Thermal Dynamics, etc.)
- Ender IO
- Special blocks
- Forestry - Apiarist Pipe
- MineFactoryReloaded - robot dupe fix, gate triggers
- MineTweaker 3
- WAILA - tooltips
Where can I contact you?
On the forums or on IRC (irc.esper.net / #buildcraft) is your best bet.