Last updated: 13/02/2021
We'll sometimes upload testing builds to the test directory. Please join the discord to properly discuss the changes or check on the status of bugs when downloading these, as they aren't stable and may be updated daily.
Before we properly release a version to the public we need to ensure that there aren't any regressions. Specifically everything that you used to be able to do should still work without crashing or being buggy. While we have some tests internally, these don't cover the entirty of what is possible. Additonally it's a lot harder to run tests with every existing mod to ensure that we remain compatable with them all. This is when we rely on others to check to make sure that newer mods don't crash. Usually just downloading the current prelease build and adding it to a copy of your current world and modset is sufficent for testing (and reporting any new bugs or crashes to github or discord that arise from this).
New features or content
Sometimes before finishing a feature fully and merging it into mainline (so that it can be released fully alongside everything else) we'll upload 'in-progress' features as seperate download files. Unlike pre-release builds, these are very unstable, and may not work between updates or even as a repleacement for the current version. (There are no tests running of this type at the moment. In the future we'll release new engine mechanics and robots here)
BuildCraft 18.104.22.168: prerelease 9
Changelog for 22.214.171.124-pre.1:
- Fix the heat exchanger passing a null fluid when auto-outputting an empty tank.
Changelog for 126.96.36.199-pre.2:
- Added oil generation debug logging:
- Enable some logging by adding "-Dbuildcraft.energy.oilgen.debug=log" to your launch arguments.
- Enable all logging (very spammy) by adding "-Dbuildcraft.energy.oilgen.debug=true" instead of the above to your launch arguments.
Changelog for 188.8.131.52-pre.3:
- Updated Chinese translation. (SampsonnZ)
Changelog for 184.108.40.206-pre.4:
- Added even more logging to "-Dbuildcraft.energy.oilgen.debug=true" based on configs.
Changelog for 220.127.116.11-pre.5:
- [#4385] Fixed the autoworkbench duping leftover tools.
Changelog for 18.104.22.168-pre.6:
- Fix kinesis pipes never configuring on the client, which cause client-side engine rotation to not work correctly.
Changelog for 22.214.171.124-pre.7:
- Added some transport, silicon, triggers and actions documentation to the guide book (LuigiHutch)
Changelog for 126.96.36.199-pre.8:
- Ported Engine Chaining:
- Attach up to 3 stirling or 5 combustion engines together in a line to form a chain.
- "Chained" engines send power directly to their destination.
- Redstone engines cannot be chained.
Changelog for 188.8.131.52-pre.9:
- Ported the Gate Copier
- This doesn't perform any validation on the copied triggers and actions at the moment.