Last updated: 19/08/2018
We'll sometimes upload testing builds to the test directory. Please join the discord to properly discuss the changes or check on the status of bugs when downloading these, as they aren't stable and may be updated daily.
Before we properly release a version to the public we need to ensure that there aren't any regressions. Specifically everything that you used to be able to do should still work without crashing or being buggy. While we have some tests internally, these don't cover the entirty of what is possible. Additonally it's a lot harder to run tests with every existing mod to ensure that we remain compatable with them all. This is when we rely on others to check to make sure that newer mods don't crash. Usually just downloading the current prelease build and adding it to a copy of your current world and modset is sufficent for testing (and reporting any new bugs or crashes to github or discord that arise from this).
New features or content
Sometimes before finishing a feature fully and merging it into mainline (so that it can be released fully alongside everything else) we'll upload 'in-progress' features as seperate download files. Unlike pre-release builds, these are very unstable, and may not work between updates or even as a repleacement for the current version. (There are no tests running of this type at the moment. In the future we'll release new engine mechanics and robots here)
BuildCraft 7.99.18: prerelease 1
There's quite a few bugfixes in this release, and if all goes well this will be released in about a week.
- [#4162] Re-added the quarry mining multiplier. Now this applies to everything in buildcraft that breaks a block.
- This doesn't allow configuring for each machine individually at the moment, but it seems reasonable to add something like that if someone asks.
- Re-added the list recipe as a crafting recipe, at least until the new assembly table API is finished.
- Pressing F3+T while in the guide book will reload it in-place.
- The config files are saved more often during init, which should help when you need to change a config option just to boot the game but can't because the config file is empty.
- The github issue link shown in the open-world warning message now prefills some useful information.
- [#4133] The fluid triggers relating to percentage of a tank filled don't recognise gaseous fluids properly.
- [#4245] Random stack trace caused by a null world in a WorldTickEvent.
- [#4249] The guidebook gui lags when it is opened.
- Fixed gates sometimes not correctly synchronising the light on the gate when it is first turned on.
- Fixed a few recipes requiring the quarry to be present, rather than itself.
- Fixed GuiScreenBuildCraft not passing on tick()'s to child listeners. Only affects addon developers, as BC itself doesn't use this class for anything yet.
- Fixed the quarry not using the config option "quarryFrameMinHeight".