Last updated: 13/04/2018
We'll sometimes upload testing builds to the test directory. Please join the discord to properly discuss the changes or check on the status of bugs when downloading these, as they aren't stable and may be updated daily.
Before we properly release a version to the public we need to ensure that there aren't any regressions. Specifically everything that you used to be able to do should still work without crashing or being buggy. While we have some tests internally, these don't cover the entirty of what is possible. Additonally it's a lot harder to run tests with every existing mod to ensure that we remain compatable with them all. This is when we rely on others to check to make sure that newer mods don't crash. Usually just downloading the current prelease build and adding it to a copy of your current world and modset is sufficent for testing (and reporting any new bugs or crashes to github or discord that arise from this).
New features or content
Sometimes before finishing a feature fully and merging it into mainline (so that it can be released fully alongside everything else) we'll upload 'in-progress' features as seperate download files. Unlike pre-release builds, these are very unstable, and may not work between updates or even as a repleacement for the current version. (There are no tests running of this type at the moment. In the future we'll release new engine and power pipe mechanics, as well as robots here)
BuildCraft 7.99.17: prerelease 3
7.99.17 is going to be released soon, unless more major bugs are found.
- [#4135] Made Heat Exchanger process arbitrary amounts of fluid.
- [#4080] Re-added the config option to change the rate of oil well generation and generation of a spout.
- [#3477] Only the wooden pipe attempts to always face a valid direction.
- (This only affects the iron pipe in buildcraft, however addon pipes that extend PipeBehaviourDirection but don't allow the centre will benefit from this).
- [#4014] Gate recipes in the assembly table don't check the NBT of the gate provided.
- [#4082] Fluids can no longer be mined by Mining Well
- [#4124] The direction of an iron pipe cannot be changed by clicking the centre unless the pipe is already facing a direction.
- [#4138] Dupe bugs everywhere with tiles and GUI's. No more details here, as it's an exploit.
- (Most) items now show multiple items per stack when travelling in a pipe if the stack had more than a single item.
- Fixed all item pipes having an implict speedup. (Most buildcraft item pipes explicitly do this, so this doesn't really affect normal builds).
- Fix cobblestone item pipes sending items about 4 times as fast as they should.
- Fix stone item pipes not explicitly slowing down items
- Change sandstone item pipes to match stone item pipes.
- Fixed item pipes allowing multi-tile tickers to send items down pipes faster then normal
- This is primarily a fix for tickers that don't also speed up the client. (Also this sort of speedup behaviour probably won't work with potential future optimisations)
- [#4141] The recipe for the pipe plug requires the quarry to exist, rather than the structure pipe.
- This is only a partial fix for the entire issue, which encompasses all recipe mismatches.
- [#4149] Ported the paintbrush recipe.
- Fixed chutes having a huge pull radius. Use powered obsidian pipes for that.