Last updated: 26/06/2019
We'll sometimes upload testing builds to the test directory. Please join the discord to properly discuss the changes or check on the status of bugs when downloading these, as they aren't stable and may be updated daily.
Before we properly release a version to the public we need to ensure that there aren't any regressions. Specifically everything that you used to be able to do should still work without crashing or being buggy. While we have some tests internally, these don't cover the entirty of what is possible. Additonally it's a lot harder to run tests with every existing mod to ensure that we remain compatable with them all. This is when we rely on others to check to make sure that newer mods don't crash. Usually just downloading the current prelease build and adding it to a copy of your current world and modset is sufficent for testing (and reporting any new bugs or crashes to github or discord that arise from this).
New features or content
Sometimes before finishing a feature fully and merging it into mainline (so that it can be released fully alongside everything else) we'll upload 'in-progress' features as seperate download files. Unlike pre-release builds, these are very unstable, and may not work between updates or even as a repleacement for the current version. (There are no tests running of this type at the moment. In the future we'll release new engine mechanics and robots here)
BuildCraft 22.214.171.124: prerelease 2
Changelog for 126.96.36.199-pre1:
- [#4433] Crash when something sends an invalid tile update message that doesn't include the byte of message data.
Changelog for 188.8.131.52-pre2:
Addon Related Changes:
- Added PipeBehaviour.shouldForceConnection and PipeFlow.shouldForceConnection.
- Allowed PipeFlowItems and PipeFlowFluids to connect to to any PipeFlow that implements IFlowItems or IFlowFluids.
- [#3762] Fixed pipe breaking particles using the missing texture and spawning in the wrong place.
- [#4432] Added a config option to enable/disble the usage of stencils for the architect table. Should help prevent the builders module never loading on some computers.
- Fixed the builders config not loading at all.
- Updated Russian translation (kellixon)